1. Privacy Statement
MetaMoJi Corporation ("We") collects and uses your information and data specified in Section 2 stored in our software and services or through our business activities. We recognize the significance of personal information and is committed to the following.
1.1 We have established our own policy in handling information concerning your personal data ("Personal Information"), and are committed to protect your Personal Information.
1.2 When we need to collect your Personal Information from you, we will notify you of the purpose of collection, and collect such Personal Information only to the extent as necessary.
1.3 We will use your Personal Information only within the scope of the purpose of collection, manage such Personal Information in an appropriate manner, and in no way disclose or provide such Personal Information to a third party except under exceptional circumstances.
1.4 We will keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and take measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, loss, corruption, falsification or divulgation.
1.5 When we contract the processing of Personal Information to a third party, we will bind such party to the non-disclosure or non-redistribution obligation by way of contract, and will oblige such party to implement appropriate management of Personal Information.
1.6 We will keep any Personal Information received from an outsourcer under strict control, and use such Personal Information within the scope stipulated in the contract with such outsourcer.
1.7 We will promptly deal with your request for confirmation, correction or otherwise of your Personal Information in a reasonable scope subject to your notice given to our contact address for you.
1.8 We will abide by any law, ordinance, rule or regulation applicable to any Personal Information under our control, and will maintain and improve each of the above commitments as well as the prevention and protection activities.
2. Personal Information
In our software and services, our response to your inquiries, or our user communications by questionnaires, we may collect or acquire your Personal Information as follows:
(1) Email address and password you register. When create a new account, you may register your email address and password for your account. We use such email address and password to confirm the identity of the user and prevent any unauthorized use of our software or services. And we use such email address to contact you for the user support and the user communications or provide you our product or service information. In no event shall we check your password and no password will be given to any person (including you) under any circumstances even when you desire to confirm your password you register.
(2) Your name and company name. Some software or service requires you to register your name and your company name for authentication of such software or service. We store your information on our systems of our services located in different countries you reside, including the countries outside the EU Area. Some jurisdictions do not allow transferring personal information of residents. You acknowledge and agree that your information may be transferred internationally and we may store your information in a country other than where you reside.
(3) Other information you register. When create a new account, you may register your nick-name of your account for using our service. While the registration is optional, if you decide not to register such information, you may not be able to use all or parts of our software or services.
(4)Device information you use. When you use your device to use our software or services, your device provides device information that you registered and stored in your device (e.g., your device name) in order to confirm the identity of the user and prevent any unauthorized use of our software or services. Such device information varies by platform. We also use such information to calculate anonymous, aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our software or services.
(5) Information of your software operation. We collect and use the information of your software operation on our software. If we collect and use your information, we separately specify our software.
(6) Our software and services you use. We collect and use this information to confirm the identity of the user and provide our software or services. We also use this information for the improvement of our software or services how our users use our software and services.
(7) Your inquiries. If you make inquiries about our software or services, we acquire your inquiries to examine problems reported from you and to provide an appropriate response to those inquiries.
(8) Questionnaire data. When you answer our questionnaire, we acquire your questionnaire data such as the information specified in our questionnaire relating to the usage of our software or services.
We use your questionnaire data to improve the Service or develop new features of the Service, new our software or services. To answer our questionnaire is your option.
3. Purpose of use of your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
(1) To allow to use our software or to provide services.
(2) To confirm the authentication for our software or services and to prevent any unauthorized use of our software and services.
(3) To summarize and edit statistical data regarding our software and services.
(4) To carry out surveys for our present and future software and services.
(5) To respond to inquiries and complaints.
(6) To provide information about our software or services.
(7) To provide advertising information from our partner businesses.
(8) To develop and provide new software or services.
(9) To perform identity checks or identity verification.
(10) To notify you of any other important information regarding our software and services where it is necessary.
(11) To outsource our operation in whole or in part to our partner subject to the Section 5 for purposes specified this Section 3 item (1) to item (10).
4. Provision of your Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information to third parties in the following cases:
(1) When we have your explicit consent.
(2) When the disclosure of personal information is permitted by applicable laws or regulations.
(3) When a judicial order or the like obliges us to disclose the Personal Information.
(4) When the business of us is succeeded by another entity by way of a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
(5) When we consign our activities as sending newsletters or so to other entities, in which case the Personal Information is covered by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement.
Except specified above, we may not provide your Personal Information.
5. Trust to our partner
Our websites and e-mail newsletters may include links to external websites. You are solely responsible for your registration of your personal information on such external websites and we are not responsible for your registration and personal information.
7. Input Data
We shall not collect your input data typed with our software and handwriting shortcuts entered into our software without your prior consent.